Re: Willson 3050

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on September 16, 2002 at 23:47:40:

In Reply to: Willson 3050 posted by Christopher Beard on September 16, 2002 at 22:10:20:

The Willson has about the best intonation of the "big" CC tubas. The Eb just below the staff is sharp - about the only problem. The low notes jump right out (important). Some think the tone quality isn't "interesting" enough. I know what they're talking about...Still, I think it's more "interesting" than HB, and a significantly bigger tuba than the HB 4/4's. The Willson price just DROPPED also, I think. I've sold a couple of these - ' borrowing one of them back right now, and having a ball with it.

I was impressing with my five minute outing with a MW2000 awhile back. I'd like to do a back-to-back comparison to a Willson. At $12,000 vs. $8,500 (??) or so, I don't think the decision would be a very difficult one. ' sure liked the MW2000 MUCH better than the "standard" MW2155 though.

You should play the two models back-to-back. I've already commented below how such second-hand comparisons are fairly useless.

Follow Ups: