Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by pete on August 16, 2000 at 18:13:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own posted by Chuck Jackson on August 16, 2000 at 02:05:32:

Hey Chuck,

I am very familar with the Tidewater Winds and Sydney Berg(sp). I was suppossed to play with them one summer and them something else came up. I was to play with Pete DeBeau and Tom Mcgrady(i think) that summer.
I have also heard much about that old King that Mark plays on. When I first got to Japan I brought over a big Conn 25J w/upright bell that I got from Lee and everyone was saying how I had reminded them of Mark. Of course I did eventually switch over to CC and the Conn went back to Lee, rightfully so. I now play on a 6/4 Holton.
Didn't you and Joe both play in the pops orchestra or trade off? I remember Joe saying something about he used to play in the pops after you or before you. I have heard your name in once or twice when certain stories came up( Va beach is a small place when you think about it). Then again I could have all this mixed up. I did go see them once some years back and did not know either of you and am not sure who the tuba player was but I am guessing it might have been Joe with that little "Piggy" CC of his. The concert was at the Pavalion and from a distance the horn looked like a Piggy. This would have been probably 94 or 95.
Well it is alot fun talking about old players you used to play with and all the stories. May they all be living happy somewhere.
Pete

Follow Ups: