Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on August 16, 2000 at 22:26:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own posted by pete on August 16, 2000 at 18:13:50:

Pete,
I played in the VA Beach Pops from 1986-1988. The only time Joe played for me when I was in PLDC in Sept. of 1986. I left to take the position with the VSO and VOA in 1988 and a tuba player named Sam Armstrong took my place as Joe had already left for Germany or Japan. I played in Tidewater Winds from 1986-1989 with various tuba players, Sam Armstrong, Dave Dorrough, Joe Burton, Ray Becker. I taught at ODU 1988-1989 and played in the Eastern VA Brass Quintet. I left the school in 1989, Ray Becker took my place and he was followed by Tom McGrady. I don't know who followed him. After I came back I played with the Williamsburg Sinfonia, did a bunch of trad playing and taught. I soloed with the Fort Monroe band 3 or 4 times and played the first couple of Dominion Brass Band Concerts. Did you work with Jerry Coleman in Japan? Fabulous bass bone player and all around great guy. Cheers.

Follow Ups: