Re: Re: Where's the tuba?!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by T(AT)BG on December 01, 2002 at 22:34:57:

In Reply to: Re: Where's the tuba?!! posted by Lee Stofer on December 01, 2002 at 16:23:37:

Hi Lee, I guess I was just trying to be funny, Dan said "EGAD" in his original post, and it was just too close to EADG for my twisted sense of humor not to post something about it.
I fully agree a tuba is flexible, and would be much more appropriate in a circus group and many other settings than "firewood with strings on it." However, most of my paying gigs (the regular ones, anyway) are done on bass. I try to sneak the tuba in when I can, and am a huge fan of both Marty Erickson and the DPT, as well as Dave Gannett, Howard Johnson, and many others.

That being said, I just performed a gig with the Tidewater Winds tonight (on tuba, with Joe Burton whom you know) and when we were playing a Mannheim Steamroller arrangement of God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen, I couldn't help thinking it would be more appropriate on bass. (At leat my chops were thinking that, after rehearsal all afternoon and a two hour concert!)
Take care,
Mike

Follow Ups: