Thank you

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sad day on February 29, 2004 at 22:54:54:

Had a bad day/bad gig, and I'm still bugged. So I thought I would post here and hopefully find others that have had similar experiences.

I decided to volunteer for a concert with a local group. From what I was told originally it would be one rehearsal and the gig. they added more rehearsals, and I had to change my lesson times, no big deal. I was doing this as a favor for a friend.

So i do the gig, about 12 hours of overall time is involved of my volunteer time. I figured about 4-6 hours originally, but hey it's only time so i tried not to get to bent out of shape over this.

The gig is not the best of gigs, but hey, I'm just helping out so no big deal.

The gig ends and I feel I played well, and think that my friend is pleased with my playing. I figure a nice Thank you and I'm out the door all is well. However my friend doesn't acknowledge my assistance, and seems rather like he wanted me to vanish.

All in all I did more than I ever should have, lost money driving to volunteer, had to move lessons to the next week, and thought I would at the very least get a thank you.

In the end I feel like a was not needed, and generally not wanted.

Has anybody ever done a free gig to help a freind and feel they really got screwed when it's all said and done.

Should I call my friend and at least let them know howupset I am over their lack of appreciation or shold drink a beer forget about and not try to help this friend again

thanks for reading

Follow Ups: