Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: T.U.B.A. ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by me too (Dale-who-has-no-life) on March 16, 1999 at 20:54:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: T.U.B.A. ? posted by me again on March 16, 1999 at 17:12:19:

Amazing that what is self-described as an attempt at constructive dialog
can bring out the rancour of the elect. I used to enjoy the company of tubists.
Let me share 3 experiences with you and ask if you'd just shrug and say
something like "have another beer"....

1) be invited to join a truly premier wind ensemble, do a gig with them,
have the "principal" cold shoulder you, and then dump the water
from his horn off the back of a riser and all over your gig bag.
Would it bother you more if the cat just shrugged?

2) one of the so-called promoters of the "Tubist Universal Brotherhood Association"
choses to publicly question well-meaning inputs with "so very obviously missing in Dale's approach, ... humanity."

3) the same self-impressed humble volunteer presumes to say "Get a life, Dale. Go raise some kids or get a dog or visit a nursing home with your tuba and make someone smile."

Get a life?? now that I can save the 40 bucks I was gonna send in to (obviously) thin-skinned folks like the current mouthpieces for T.U.B.A., sure I will! I suppose promoting the local regional-should-be-a-full-time-orchestra for 4 years during undergrad and grad school was pretty vain, had I realized that was dead activity I probably would have woodshedded "The Shores of the Mighty Pacific" more (gee do you think SOMEone smiled at that one?.) Instead I got to contribute to thousands of people hearing music which generally only included one tubist (my teacher) on the program...if there were any tuba at all!

Well Mercury is retrograde....glad I could participate in this light and provocative dialog..."me again" was right, these kids take themselves WAAY too seriously. Thank goodness though, someone has to! And now I know which parts of the country NOT to carry
my horn to at the holidays...that way I won't hafta look over my shoulder if I show up at some tubaxmas in the midwest or wherever.

Follow Ups: