Re: Tubists and women

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by from a female... on September 04, 2002 at 12:30:15:

In Reply to: Tubists and women posted by Volker on September 04, 2002 at 09:55:39:

okay, have to do this, silly or not!
I might be biased as a tuba player myself, but almost every guy I've liked (except for a percussionist) has been a low brass player. Maybe it's because they play my instrument. I think, however, there is something in the personality of a tuba player that can't be matched. Now of COURSE there are huge exceptions to this rule, but generally the tuba players I have been acquainted with are mostly nice, caring, down-to-earth guys... and this is what primarily makes them attractive to me, not looks or the "geek"-less factor... and of course the ability to play great tuba is a plus, as are other typical qualities .
Maybe it's something about the bottom of the band, if there isn't an eligible tuba player around, i gravitate towards bass trombonists... (who are thrilled to sit "by a girl for once!") I first liked tuba players when one offered to carry my tuba for me in 8th grade.... There's that "gentleman" factor. For me, overall, musical talent is a plus...
Thought this would be a fun thread... see how my female tubist's perspective differs from that of society.... (Gotta love psychology!)

What do guys think of female tubists? that might be a good question... bet the philosophy "bigger is better" is null and void!!!

-lisa

ps: i know women (non-tubists) who don't even consider instrument choice, merely looks and a great personality. They will fall for a good-looking tuba player who might be a jerk over an "average looking" trumpet player that might be a nice, humble guy. I think this to an extent is human nature.

Follow Ups: