Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by T.F. on February 20, 2004 at 11:41:04:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by Atlanta Tuba Dad on February 20, 2004 at 09:09:48:

Tuba Dad,

I agree with you that "arguing" about e-mail and (only)possible customer response expectations is pretty useless.

Still, not only do I strongly disagree with your characterizing this thread as an arguement, I cannot even really see a "rebuttal" in your post, though its pretty obvious you feel your company's business strategy is something you exepct from near-anyone who may ever past-present-future presume to accept any money from you.

Again, this discussion is like a denial of service attack, in that the goal is to force people with some presence on the web to act in a particular fashion, and it is using pure web resources to attack well-meaning supporters of the tuba-community while avoiding any possible literal or physical interaction with the targets. And as well-meaning as you are, you've been sucked into the attack too.

In a word (or more) it's bullshit. Go look at all the different non-tuba sites associated with "123.com" to at least get a clue.

Is the goal of your company's business (simply) to sell a product? What about other possible goals for other "businesses"? "Service"? "Support"? "Fun"? Believe it or not "aggressive growth" is not the mantra of many stateside tuba suppliers, particularly the lower-volume, specialty, or local-store-front onesor even for many small businesses in the United States, whatever their product or service. To reduce their involvement in the supply chain to "are you trying to limit sales or grow them" is reductionist and grossly unfair.

In the United States we've de-volved our "culture" or society to the point where two people enjoying a nice meal will (for some reason) allow a telephone call to interrupt their time together,even if they have an answering machine! Now, if someone were to burst into the house and interrupt them literally, we'd consider that rude at least. Why don't we think the same way about telephone callers and their expectations. Do YOU screen telephone calls? Or, do YOU get upset when you find out someone you KNOW screened YOUR call? Is this

Follow Ups: