Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by That's foolish on January 24, 2000 at 08:47:54:

In Reply to: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf?? posted by Sage One on January 24, 2000 at 00:38:35:

If there are instruments available for him to rent then why shouldn't he rent one? There is no reason why he should have to "trade up" as you say, since it is a lot of hassle and you do lose money on the deal. As for working 35 hours a week and going to school, well good for you. I mean it, you should be congratulated (as I see that you are doing to yourself). But not everyone can do that. I was in five classes and four ensembles (we don't have credit hours and ensembles aren't included in my school, so I don't know what the equivalent is) and 12 hours a week of work was all I could handle. Finally you suggest getting a student loan, well that's not as easy as you might think. I spent the last eight months fighting with my school only just recently got money for a tuba. A bass tuba, since we have contrabass tubas here to rent they still will not give me the money for one of those. Yes, I'm renting an instrument until I can buy one. Just because you rent an instrument doesn't mean you are dependent on others; that's what the rental instruments are there for.

I don't mean any ill will either, but someone needed to take you off your high horse.

Follow Ups: