Re: Re: Re: Re: Making a living (and paying loans)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on September 21, 2003 at 14:41:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Making a living (and paying loans) posted by pro-reality on September 21, 2003 at 13:11:11:

I applaud your families efforts and abilities to overcome, but things are different nowadays. We have running water, international flights, and the internet. Your parents' forebears could speak of how they had to dodge bullets in the Civil War while helping run the Underground Railroad. All the while taking classes in a bunker by candlelight at 4:00am in order to avoid the gunshots of the war. Their forebears could talk of fighting wooly mammoths and saber tooths while attempting to complete assignments on cave walls.

Every generation has its own challenges in its own time. Today's challenges are different. Student loans are a fact of life, and I know for a fact that without them there is absolutelly no way I would be where I am today. I would probably still be working at the Lawson Supermarket in Lawson, Mo.

My point is that there ARE ways to survive student loans. It can be very difficult and challenging, but it can be done. Oh and BTW, people with student loans still end up paying for school, they just have help in spreading the payments over many many years if need be. The student loan program is one of the best "gubment" programs in existance due to how it can help bring impoverished students up out of financial distress and unskilled labor into professional occupations which benefits themselves and their heirs, like yourself.

Follow Ups: