Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson-THANKS SEAN on August 15, 2000 at 15:10:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own posted by Sean Chisham on August 15, 2000 at 01:51:25:

Thanks for putting this info out. The only reason I say this is that I just got done playing a festival with an EXTREMELY talented trumpet player that wanted to check into the military. I told him the truth about the weight thing and PT and he was shocked. He was under the assumption that it was just like a day gig with none of the added "bonuses". I did nothing to dissuade him as I still believe the miltary music program, on ANY level, is a great career choice, but he felt that the strictures were such that he wouldn't fit in well. Forewarned is forearmed in most cases. I really don't think that the younger players know about EVERYTHING that goes along with the gig. Still, many can meet and exceed standards and will be a positive asset to any orginazation. Your "brand" on this info will, undoubtedly, help people to realize the potential pitfalls in their thinking. Thanks again!!!!!

Follow Ups: